Who we are
We are Pet Shop Naija- your largest online pet store in Nigeria and a fast growing global online pet store. Our website address is: https://petshopnaija.com.
Information we collect:
- The information you provide when registering an account type, full name, address, telephone number and email
- If you would like to sign up to our newsletter
- Form information you provide when getting in touch with us via our contact us form
- Data you provide when reporting a specific pet advert
Automatic data collection:
- When registering an account with us we automatically get your IP Address and Geographical location and browser details.
What we do with the information we gather. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We will use the data to send specific pet advice newsletters and latest advert submissions.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone or email. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to keeping your data secure and safe from unauthorized access. In order to prevent unauthorized access, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to minimize any potential breach.
Pet Shop Naija use third-party cloud service providers that provide data hosting and other services.
IP addresses and use of “cookies”
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (“IP”) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve our site.
We use third party advertisements such as Google AdSense to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information about your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
The Information Pet Shop Naija may collect
- User-provided Information: When you register for, browse and use the Website, you may provide to Pet Shop Naija “identity information” (such as your name, email address, address, home or mobile telephone number etc.). You may also be able to add a picture of yourself.
- If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third party, social networking or authentication service that we may make available (“Authentication Service“), such as Facebook Connect or Google, Pet Shop Naija may also collect any such “identity information” that you have provided to the Authentication Service from the account you have with the Authentication Service.
- Details of transactions by your Facebook friends and other Facebook users generated by you through our Service.
- If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving Pet Shop Naija the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you sign in with Pet Shop Naija, you are not anonymous to us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
When Pet Shop Naija Discloses Information
- Social Networks: Pet Shop Naija will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. In particular, we will disclose personal information where you have elected to connect your account on our Website to a social network or other similar service (e.g., Facebook or Google), or have elected to have your activity on our Website published to a social network or other similar service (e.g., Facebook or Google). To control the information that you share, you should review and, if appropriate, modify your privacy settings on such services.
- Required by Law: Pet Shop Naija may also disclose user information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and other governing bodies.
- Merger or Acquisition: In the event that Pet Shop Naija is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
- Other Purposes: Pet Shop Naija also reserves the right to disclose user information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Pet Shop Naija from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Pet Shop Naija, our Users, or others.
Age: You must be over 18 years old to register on Pet Shop Naija. By registering on our site you confirm that you are over 18 years of age. User accounts under the age of 18 will be deleted from our database.
Other websites: Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which we have no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these sites require you to enter your personal data. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours.
If you have any questions about our Policy or our web site, please feel free to contact us.